Epf nominee update online takes the same steps to add an e-nomination as it does to the EPF nominee check online. A new nomination will head an existing one once it is added. As a result, if a member had entered their wife as the nominee and desired to add their child, they must repeat the e-nomination process and add both of their details.
Employees’ Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) is an account that all salaried individuals usually have in India. It is a financial investment scheme for salaried employees. In this scheme, employees and their employers contribute a fraction of their monthly salary. All employees should file a PF nomination form via PF Form 2 so that their accumulated funds go to their nominated member if they pass away. PF Nomination Form is available both Offline and Online. As soon as an employee joins a company and gets enrolled in the PF scheme, he should simultaneously get his PF nomination form filled out and submitted to the PF department. Without a PF nomination, a member can neither apply for a retirement pension nor will his family receive his PF and pension funds after passing.
Pre-requisites for EPFO Nominee Update Online
Before updating or changing their EPF nominee, the members need to have the following:
- Activated and Aadhaar-linked UAN (Universal Account Number)
- Aadhaar must link with a mobile number
- Updated EPF account profile with address and photograph
- So then scanned photo of the nominee
- Aadhaar number of the nominee
- Bank account number with IFSC and address of the nominee
How to Update/Change EPF Nominee Online?
The steps to update a nominee are equal to adding a nominee. The steps to correct the EPF nominee online are as follows:
1: First, visit the EPFO Member e-Sewa Portal.
2: Login by entering the UAN, passcode, and captcha and clicking the ‘Sign in’ button.
3: Select the ‘E-nomination’ option under the ‘Manage’ tab.
4: Click the ‘Enter new nomination’ option on the next page.
5: The ‘Profile’ details will look on the screen. Click on the ‘Proceed’ button.
6: Select ‘Yes’ below the ‘Family Declaration’ unit to add a new nominee or update the details of the existing nominee.
7: Provide the nominee details, i.e., the Aadhaar number, name, relation, gender, date of birth, bank account details, and guardian (if the nominee is a minor), and upload the photo of the nominee. Click on the ‘Save Family Details’ option. Click on ‘Add now’ once more than one nominee is to be extra and enter their details.
8: Enter the number of added nominees’ shares and click the ‘Save EPF Nomination’ button.
9: Under the ‘Pending Nomination’ section, click the ‘e-Sign’ option.
10: A dialogue box will seem when the eSign is not registered. Click on the ‘Proceed’ button.
11: A new page will open. Enter the Aadhaar virtual ID and click on the ‘Verify’ button.
12: Tick/select the box to provide your consent for e-KYC services data from Aadhaar.
13: Enter your Aadhaar or Practical ID and click the ‘Get OTP’ button. The OTP will be sent to the recorded mobile number. Then enter the OTP, select the check box to give your agreement, and click the ‘Submit’ button.
14: Upon confirmation of the OTP, the new nominee will register with the EPFO. The ‘Nomination History’ can be saw by clicking the ‘E-nomination’ option under the ‘Manage’ tab. The ‘Nomination History’ will show the newly added or updated nominee details status as ‘Nomination Successful.’ It will show all the earlier nomination details also. However, only the first nomination is valid, overriding all previous nominations.
Note: Only the spouse, children, and parents consider as family. Thus, if a member needs to add his/her siblings (brother or sister) as nominees, he/she should select the ‘No’ option under the ‘Having Family’ section.
Rules for EPF Nomination
There is no limit on how frequently a nomination may change. The member may modify the nomination using online competence. These are some procedures for EPFO nomination:
- In the event of a member’s unexpected death, every EPF account needs a nominee to transfer funds.
- There may be several nominees. So the member may also regulate how much the fund goes to each nominee.
- In a family situation, the member should choose the family member. So an outsider will regard it as invalid.
- If the member marries, nominations submitted before the marriage shall be deemed void. Therefore, after marriage, additional nominations must submit.
- Anybody may nominate as a member if they do not have a family. However, the nomination must give to the family member after the person has children. The nominee’s family member should be the custodian if a minor is involved.
- The designated beneficiary will give the maturity sum upon the member’s death. Therefore, payment would base on the specified proportion (if any).
- Without a nomination, family members would each receive an equal share of the fund. The married daughter and principal son do not consider for this distribution.
- The online technique makes it simple to nominate new people or update existing ones anytime.