Presenting the extraordinary Mercedes-AMG GLE 53 4MATIC+, Mercedes-Benz inaugurated the line of high-performance models of the GLE. It is a mid-size SUV that combines a family vehicle with a sports car, adding the advantages of “Off Road” driving to the package.
The Mercedes-AMG GLE 53 is an absolute eye-catcher. The AMG GLE 53 Car rushes ahead with triple-boosted twisting, one of them electric—a digital cockpit with class-leading technology and a powerful fusion of SUV capability and AMG car character. The GLE 53 gets an extremely smooth 429-hp turbocharged inline-six.
With up to 603 horsepower on a bang, the 2024 Mercedes-AMG GLE class takes the even Benz-branded GLE class and lights a fire under it. AMG GLE 53 accelerates from 0 to 60 miles per hour in only 3.7 seconds, faster than the 5.2-second 0-60 mph acceleration on the AMG GLE 53 Coupe. There’s also a higher top speed in the AMG GLE 63 S SUV than in the AMG GLE 53 Coupe.
Table of Contents
What’s New for 2024?
For 2024, thanks to a mid-cycle refresh, GLE53 receive some polish. Giving it a slightly more attitude like the GLE 63 S, the GLE 53 gets a new front bumper. Alpine Grey and Twilight Blue metallic were two fresh paint also added by Mercedes. The models get reviewed LED daytime running lights and taillights. Advantageous, Mercedes says the turbo six has more torque that’s intended to provide quicker acceleration.
Engine, Transmission, and Performance
A nine-speed automatic communication and standard all-wheel drive feature in GLE 53. Its engine is added by an electric supercharger powered by a 48-volt electrical system. the SUV’s powertrain produces 429 HP and 413 pound-feet of force joint with the GLE 53’s turbocharged 3.0-liter inline-six-cylinder engine
That arrangement helped catapult an earlier GLE 53 Coupe tested to 60 mph in 4.7 secs and over the quarter-mile in 13.4 seconds at 103 mph. The GLE 53 also features a trick suspension containing an air-bag system attached with active anti-roll bars that provide corner-carving capabilities without sacrificing ride quality.
Even on uneven roads, the GLE53 coupe drove felt smooth. Switch its drive mode to Sport or Sport Plus to harden the suspension enough to help keep the heavy family carrier stable when the roadway wound.
Exterior and interior styling
At the front stands out its loose AMG grill of 15 chrome bars in a vertical position, with the star embedded in a double ring and somewhat narrow optics. The bumper shows an attractive profile that the brand calls “A-Wing,” with a wide honeycomb grille, two hidden air intakes at the ends, and a lower chrome finish.
From the side, it sports flared wheel arches in body color, which cover tires with 21-inch AMG alloy wheels. At the back, it incorporates a bulky bumper with air vents, a double exhaust system on each side, and a prominent diffuser in the lower part.
Under the cover is an M256 six-cylinder engine with double supercharging: a used gas turbocharger and an electric supercharger (eZV) with 3.0 liters and 24 valves. Therefore it delivers up to 428 hp of power at 6,100 rpm and 520 Nm of torque at 1,800 rpm.
It incorporates EQ Boost hybridization technology, combining the alternator and starter motor functions. It briefly adds 21 hp of power and 250 Nm of torque, and alimentation electricity into the 48V onboard network. Likewise, it accelerates from 0 to 100 km/h in 5.2 seconds to reach a maximum of 250 km/h.
The mechanical assembly is associated with an AMG SPEEDSHIFT TCT 9G automatic gearbox, with nine speeds and manual mode with steering wheel paddles. Its structure is similar to a planetary gear torque converter transmission, although, in this case, it has an electronically controlled oil bath clutch.
The AMG GLE53 class makes for a tremendous trailering tool, with a maximum towing capacity of 7700 pounds. That’s up there with the likes of the Porsche Cayenne and Cayenne Turbo, and it’s also as much as the usual mid-size pickup truck.
The Mercedes-AMG GLE 53 4MATIC+ has independent suspension, with double wishing bone at the front and Multi-Link at the rear. It incorporates the AMG ACTIVE RIDE CONTROL+, with variable hardness and electronic control shock absorbers, and stabilizer bars of irregular battle to turning, which have an electromechanical actuator.
The damping from the driver’s seat can adjust to three predefined settings: Comfort, Sport, and Sport+. The last two reduce the height from the floor by 1.5 cm. Two levels incorporate to drive off the blacktop: Trail and Sand, which, among other aspects, raise the body’s height by 5.5 cm.
It is the list of standard elements in the Mercedes-AMG GLE 53 4MATIC+ in terms of its exterior appearance, occupant comfort, and active and passive safety:
- MULTIBEAM LED headlights
- Automatic High Beam Plus
- Rain sensor
- Lighting around the vehicle with a projection of the brand logo
- HANDS-FREE ACCESS
- Panoramic Moonroof
- Illuminated aluminum effect running boards with rubber studs
- electric tailgate
- Switchable AMG Performance exhaust system
- AMG Line exterior package
- Electrically adjustable front seats with memory function
- Lumbar support with 4-way adjustment
- The second row of seats with electrical adjustment
- The third row of seats is for two people.
- Electrically adjustable steering
- Red seat belts
- EASY-PACK compartment cover
- Light aluminum moldings
- ambient lighting
- AMG illuminated slats
- AMG Line interior package
- MBUX multimedia system with 12.3-inch multimedia display and extended functions
- Smartphone Integration Package (Apple Carplay and Android Auto)
- hard drive navigation
- Wireless charging and Bluetooth connection
- 3-inch digital instrument cluster and display modes
- THERMATIC automatic air conditioning
- TEMPOMAT cruise control and speed limiter
- On and off function by Start Engine button
- Seven airbags: Two front, two side, two curtain and one knee for the driver
- Electronic Stability Program (ESP)
- Traction Control System (ASR)
- Hill start assist
- Adaptive Brake system with HOLD function
- PRE-SAFE system
- Active emergency brake booster
- Tire pressure loss alert
- ATTENTION ASSIST fatigue alert
- Front seat belts with tension limiter and rear side belts with automatic height adjustment.
- ISOFIX anchorages for rear child seats with TopTether
- 360 degree reverse camera
- Active assistance for parking in line and in reverse